Designs on Learning
From Design for Learning
Lead Institution: Ravensbourne College
Timescales: 24/04/06 - 26/10/07
Project website: http://confluence.rave.ac.uk/confluence/x/eBU
Aims and Objectives:
The project aims are to develop, implement and evaluate an institutional programme to:
- Establish best practice in developing blended elearning designs for practice-based education;
- Pilot offline tools for implementing and participating in these designs;
- Evaluate and implement an open-source blogging system linked to Moodle;
- Provide a community-reviewable online resource to help learning designers embed good practice;
- Provide learning designers with effective training in tool-use;
- Evaluate the practice model, tool use, and learning designs, and make recommendations on their adoption and use;
- Disseminate the results.
The project objectives are to achieve:
- A collection of exemplars, case studies, and model learning designs;
- An integrated blogging/VLE service;
- A project wiki as a knowledge base and community resource for best practice;
- Practitioner workshops to promote effective techniques and designs;
- A documented trial of learning designs in practical use;
- An evaluation report;
- A series of disseminations on tools, technologies, and designs.
Project Manager: Miles Metcalfe
Project Team: Roger Rees, Bill Schaaf, Ruth Catlow, Remmert de Vroome, Adam Burt, Bahi Para.