From Design for Learning
Lead InstitutionUniversity of Greenwich
Timescales: 01/10/06 – 31/12/07
Project website: http://www.gre.ac.uk/elidacamel/
eLIDA CAMEL Design Bash Poster October, 2007 (Link to Commentary)
'The eLIDA CAMEL Design for Learning Project aims to:
- contribute to theme C) Implementing and evaluating learning design projects, in the JISC Design for Learning programme;
- focus on strand (b) carrying out user evaluations on innovative tools with a learning design functionality.
- collect case studies from 2-3 practitioners per post-16/HE institution and a DfL collaborative case study
- train practitioners in using LAMS V1.1, and/or RELOAD, with examples for possibilities of integration into institutional VLEs, and/or with Moodle
- set up a project team internal forum in Moodle
- for LD-VLE integration, enable practitioners to understand which e-learning practices sit well within a learning design tool, and which are best integrated within a VLE.
- train practitioners in principles of design for learning to develop their own sequences during Phase 1 of the project, in May-Oct, 2006. During this phase, the project will set up mentoring teams and a support mechanism for practitioners.
Project objectives are to:
- collect a series of (1) individual and (2) collaborative case studies on the implementation and evaluation of tools and systems to support design for learning in a range of post-16/HE contexts;
- enable practitioners in partner post-16/HE institutions to trial design for learning activity sequences and processes with their learners;
- bring together practitioner design for learning work into the ‘CAMEL’ framework of a collaborative e-learning community organised with JISC infoNet supported by ALT;
- enable the eLIDA CAMEL team to reflect on, synthesise and disseminate the results of the project to contribute national and international developments in learning design within a growing community of practice developed originally in the CAMEL JISC infoNet project.
Project Team Lead contacts:
- Dr Jill Jameson, Director of Research, Director of eLIDA CAMEL and the JISC eLISA DeL Project. email@example.com.
- Jacquie Kelly, Senior Advisor, JISC infoNet - http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/ - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rhonda Riachi, Director of the Association for Learning Technology - http://www.alt.ac.uk/ - (ALT). email@example.com.
- Simon Walker, Principal Lecturer, School of Education, National Teaching Fellow, the University of Greenwich - http://www.gre.ac.uk/ Deputy Director of the JISC eLISA, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Malcolm Ryan, Principal Lecturer/Flexible Learning Co-ordinator, School of Education, (Flexible Learning, e-learning Teaching & Training & University-wide e-learning), JISC eLISA Team. email@example.com.
- Dr Mohammed Dastbaz, Head of Multimedia, School of CMS, University of Greenwich, http://www.gre.ac.uk/M.Dastbaz@gre.ac.uk.
- Peter Dickson, Team Leader, Teacher Development, Loughborough College, http://www.loucoll.ac.uk/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org,Clare Holden, Learning Resources Manager, Loughborough College, :Clare.Holden@loucoll.ac.uk.
- Philip Openshaw, Leeds College of Technology, e-Learning Manager, http://www.lct.ac.uk/ [mailto: P.Openshaw@lct.ac.uk P.Openshaw@lct.ac.uk].
- Professor Mark Stiles, Head of Learning Development and Innovation, Staffordshire University, http://www.staffs.ac.uk/ email@example.com.
- John Hywel Williams, Director of Learning Resources & ILT Dev., Greenwich Community College, http://www.greenwichcollege.co.uk/ JohnW@gcc.ac.uk.
- Lorna Burns, Barnet College, http://www.barnet.ac.uk/external/index.php Lorna.Burns@barnet.ac.uk.
- Michaela Kingham, Dartford Grammar School, http://www.dartfordgrammar.kent.sch.uk/ MichaelaKingham@aol.com.
- Philip Noakes, City Learning Centre Scheme Manager, Greenwich LEA, LB Greenwich, http://clcscheme.ictteam.greenwich.lgfl.net PNoakes@greenwich.gov.uk.
Any other information - access to related websites:
- JISC eLISA project – http://www.gre.ac.uk/elisa
- JISC infoNet CAMEL project - http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/camel/index_html
- BJET Special Edition: Collaborative e-Support for Lifelong Learning: Co-Editors Dr Sara de Freitas & Dr Jill Jameson http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0007-1013&site=1
- CoP Team Processes - Nomadic journey of the eLIDA CAMEL
- eLIDA CAMEL Consortium Agreement - Media:JISC_eLIDA_CAMEL_CONSORTIUM_Agreement.doc
- Case Study A Template Media:ELIDA_CAMEL_Case_Study_A.doc: Reflective writing by teacher before designing
- Case Study B Template Media:ELIDA_CAMEL_Case_Study_B.doc: Reflective writing by teacher after implementing design
- eLIDA CAMEL Project Newsletter Media:ELIDA CAMEL newsletter April 07FINAL.pdf