From Design for Learning
Lead Institution: Glasgow Caledonian University
Timescales: 01/5/06 - 31/12/06
Project website: http://www.academy.gcal.ac.uk/mod4l/
Aims and Objectives:
Mod4L aims to develop a range of practice models that can be used by practitioners in real life contexts and have a high impact on improving teaching and learning practice. It will move the JISC towards the use of models as a focus for communication, sharing and reuse of designs.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Develop a range of practice models in the form of generic learning designs, exemplars or patterns abstracted from case studies and/or examples of real practice in post-16 and higher education contexts;
- Map these practice models to one or more conceptual framework(s) e.g. a typology of generic learning activities, educational taxonomies, databases of case studies;
- Derive additional practice models to fill any gaps indicated by the conceptual framework(s) chosen;
- Review ways of representing practice models (eg. Lesson plans, concept maps, LAMS, Smart Learning Designs), and develop representations of practice models that are meaningful and usable by practitioner communities;
- Use the representations to make the practice models available to practitioners in an accessible, coherent and usable form, with appropriate guidance on their use;
- Make these models available to the Pedagogic Planner projects for inclusion in the online planning tool.
- Director: Professor Allison Littlejohn, Caledonian Academy, Glasgow Caledonian University; email@example.com
- Co-director and Project Manager: Dr Isobel Falconer, Caledonian Academy, Glasgow Caledonian University; Isobel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consultants: Professor Ron Oliver, Edith Cowan University, Western Australia; Dr Lori Lockyer, University of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia; Helen Beethan, JISC; Heather Sanderson, TESEP
- Final Report: The Mod4L report can be downloaded from the project website at http://mod4l.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=2
click 'read only' if prompted for a password or email Isobel.email@example.com for a copy (it is a 3MB file).